Good presentations are an essential component of classroom lectures, student presentations, conference presentations, and online presentations such as making video screencasts for flipping your classroom.
Below are some resources on effective presentation and speaking skills. Check out our article on PowerPoint,as well, if you are using that tool.
- Improving Presentation Style
- Promoting Sustainable Behavior: A Guide to Communication (pdf)
- Presentation Tips – by Becky Vasquez, Embry-Riddle CIO
- Teaching and Persuasive Communication: Class Presentation Skills (pdf) – a handbook for faculty
Below are videos on effective presentation/speaking skills:
- Improving Instructors’ Speaking Skills (pdf) by Nancy Goulden
- How to speak so that people want to listen – 7 deadly sins of speaking
- 10 Nonverbal Communication Tips
The poses and gestures you use during speaking matter, as well:
- See also Assertion-Evidence technique for scientific presentations.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.